Crane wheels are replaced because of flange wear, flange breakage, and mechanical overloads characterized by pitting and spalling. Each of these in-service factors must be carefully considered before the combination of wheel design, material selection, hardness pattern and heat treating technology is selected.
That’s why every Xtek hardened steel crane wheel is specially designed and heat treated to maximize its resistance to the damaging forces at work in heavy industrial applications.
Xtek Crane Wheels are:
- Manufactured from fine gain, fully killed, vacuum degassed forged medium carbon steel
- Heat treated using our in house processes to provide a uniform contour hardness in the tread and inner flange wear surfaces, while maintaining a ductile core to resist shock loads
- Resistant to flange fracture or wear
- Designed to resist pitting and spalling
Advantages of Xtek forged Crane Wheels:
- Reduce maintenance cost of your wheels and wheel assemblies
- Improve the life of your rail
- Provide an additional 40% load carrying capability over rim toughened wheels
- Delivery in 6-8 weeks, less when required
- Overhead cranes
- Gantry and portal cranes
- Transfer cars