Xtek TSP carburized and hardened sheave wheels last longer and require less maintenance than others in similar applications. In fact, Xtek sheave wheels typically outlast competitors’ by a factor of 10 or more. And, Xtek sheaves have been shown to increase wire rope life by as much as five times due to the significant reduction in crushing and imprinting that occurs in the throat of a softer sheave wheel. Many manufacturers of wire rope recommend Xtek sheaves to their customers as an economical way to prolong the life of their product.
Xtek Sheave Wheels provide Superior Wear Resistance:
- Carburized and hardened to 64 Rc or greater
- Throat of wheel polishes under load, reducing friction between the wheel and the wire rope
- High surface strength allows increased load capability
- Minimized imprint of wire in the sheave, this results in substantial savings in wire replacement.
- Performance factor of minimum 6x compared with conventional Sheave is realistic